Saturday, January 11, 2014

Happy First Nerdiversary - A Poem

A close friend of mine asked for some assistance in her first anniversary gift to her boyfriend. I volunteered myself and she explained she wanted a poem written with specific nerd references. I happily obliged, and now present to you a Happy First Nerdiversary poem: I want you to know you spin me through gold rings, You turn my monsters into cute, fluffy woodland things. You've pierced my heart like an arrow to the knee, We're a brilliant romance, just like Joker and Harley. I'll be your Patronus, protecting you in a pinch, And catch the smile on your face like a Golden Snitch. You're the Creeper outside my window peering in the dark, I'll light up your heart, you'll be my Tony Stark. When playing Sexbox you're the best Player 2, I'm glad the Force was with me so I could meet you. The sight of you makes me hold my breath in, Like my enrichment center is filled with a deadly neurotoxin. If I were a zombie your brains would be great, But I'd love even more the way your heart tastes. We make a great time like Ash and Pikachu, Even if when we fight it's like Red vs. Blue. As our lives blast through timey-wimey wibbly-wobbly stuff, Know that, to me, you'll always be enough. On our Anniversary into Mordor we won't fall, Because this year with you has been the One to rule them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment