Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Beautifully Blank Canvas

And so it begins... a simple phrase, maybe, but one with too many possibilities to count.  Perhaps I have an idea of what this blog may become, but in truth, it would be against my nature to form it.  Rather, my way of being is that of the mercurial type, flitting and changing and shimmering across many surfaces, ranging in varying colors and splashing like paint chaotically spilled across the canvas of Life. 
Due to this tendency of mine I find I am terribly unreliable. I pick up ideas and drop them, I begin projects which are never completed, I promise friendships to last an eternity and move on before the paint has even dried...
But really, whoever expected a mermaid to be reliable?

This blog of mine, really just another canvas, will be a form of expression of a broad range.  Some days I will post stories, others poems, sometimes rants, and often types of writing which I do not know how to categorize.  I've never actually cared much for labels though, and despite being a person who has high mental acuity when it comes to recognizing and improving patterns and systems, giving them specific names and labels has always seemed rather pointless to me.  I would say that is likely my mercurial nature showing through in the end. Or perhaps it is the side of myself which desires to love all the spiciness life has to offer without limiting my experience of it by narrowly deciding what it is.

In truth, there is no real way to predict what will be expressed within my blog, but I guarantee that if you come along with me it will be a beautiful adventure filled with bright intensity, raw emotion, logical reasoning, inspiring moments, fiery passion, glittering humor, a blinding ego... and moments of apologetic humility and true humanity.

Thank you for sharing this path with me, and I look forward to splashing some color onto your canvas with my mermaid's tail dipped in paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment