Thursday, June 13, 2013

Writhe So Still

Covered in bruises,
Time fades away,
There is only this ripping feeling,
But the memories won't fray.
When did I get here?
To this broken time,
Where all stands still,
Each mote spotlights the crime.
Every mark left behind,
I hope you're crushed even further,
That fear you feel on your heels,
Will never stop chasing your mind.
Who are you to mar me?
What destiny said you could,
Come in unannounced,
Wrecking what I've built?
Watch as I stand tall now,
Listen as I grow stronger,
I'm drawing out your poison,
Creating an antidote for this fever.
Choosing a path I didn't know,
Rather than such typical darkness,
I can see how weak and frail I've become,
Yet there's never been more beauty in this.
You can't touch me now,
If you return I'll tear you apart,
I've never held myself in such high regard,
My most precious possession is now my heart.
Maybe I should thank all my pain,
But no, no thanks to you,
I really should thank myself.
I'm building my soul something new.
I've crumbled from the pain,
For too long I've kept it all unheeded,
Locked away and crushed out,
Sometimes falling is all I needed.
Swear to myself this won't be the last,
I know I can't hide from it anymore,
How do I blast open this labyrinth of walls,
Built out of pulsing viscera and hot gore?
But, please someone stop listening,
For I don't want to lie anymore,
Just look past my words and see me,
I ache inside beyond this solid door.
I can't always say what's on my mind,
And when asked I don't make sense,
I want most of all to be understood,
But understanding is no recompense.
Bleeding still, right beneath the skin,
Pain shuttered behind my eyes,
Sounds extreme, I know,
Even so, it's not enough to emphasize,
Everything done to me was more,
More than enough to break through,
Such violated pride, undone from the core.
So I can't shut it out, not anymore,
Though that's all I've ever known,
Looks like I need patience to learn,
The things I've never been shown.
Then what could I possibly say?
To you who crushed me and ran away?
I guess I hope to never see you again.
But if I do, I'll make you pay.
Beyond this confusion and overwhelm,
I see a light, a promise of a time,
When I will break through and fly,
I'll be clean from your leftover grime.
Indeed, you've left a mark,
One that I'll never forget,
Yet I hope this path has a hidden door,
Through which I'll find no regret.

Writhe so still.

No comments:

Post a Comment