Monday, June 3, 2013

Summer Treasures

I'm a girl who loves flowers. And by "loves flowers" I don't mean "Yeah, flowers are pretty" I mean flowers make me happier than just about anything and I'm pretty much obsessed with them (and other plants, and nature in general) to the point that my entire left arm sleeve is flowers, leaves, moths and butterflies.

So let me tell you, living at a house which is covered in ivy, surrounded by climbing plants and spread with a generous smattering of flowers - including roses!! - makes me just about the happiest girl ever. ♥ I was so ecstatic for the roses to bloom this week and just made myself a lovely bouquet - but I could REALLY see why roses are called the "flowers of love" - my fingers are so pricked and stingy sore now!

I'm looking forward to the rose hips later this fall... :) Maybe I'll make some rose hip jelly if there are enough of them. ♥
 There is something so lively, so refreshing, so peaceful about flowers and climbing vines. A sort of timeless lightheartedness that heals wounds that no other salve can touch.  They are so beautiful and graceful, and yet have no sense of mercy, living how they will without consideration for anything other than their own well-being. They repair themselves so well when injured by an outside force, continuing to grow and develop character, just being without the need to impress - and yet being so very impressive, effortlessly.  Even the smallest flower when thoughtfully viewed is a delight to look at and brings sunshine to my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment